Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] Less Than Carload Shipments

C J Wyatt

If something was completely hopeless, you could get a favorable ICC decision. With LCL, I think that happened long before the Staggers Act. I never came across any railroad operated LCL operations in the seventies during my railroad career.

Jack Wyatt

On Wednesday, August 7, 2019, 12:44:14 PM EDT, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

Mike, I don't think Dennis meant it died instantly. It was a slow death. ;-)

As Dennis noted, and I think he may be right, railroads could not opt out without
cause until after the Staggers Act took effect. (It took years to be fully in effect.)

Tim O'

On 8/6/2019 1:28 PM, Schleigh Mike via Groups.Io wrote:

Hello Dennis & Group!

Down below, Dennis S says the following--
        "The traditional operation, where the local freight had an LCL car that delivered to each station as it worked down the line, died with the end of WWII."

Respectfully, I must submit, this is simply wrong.

Sterling, Massachusetts