Re: Metal Wheels

Alexander Schneider Jr

I just ordered three packages of direct replacement metal wheelsets from Bowser. Item 40198, $20.

Alex Schneider

On Wed, Aug 7, 2019 at 11:05 AM, Tim O'Connor
<timboconnor@...> wrote:

TICHY sells nylon journal bearing inserts that will allow
you to use much shorter axles. You drill/ream the sideframe
to take the insert. They work great with old brass trucks with
straight (not tapered) journals.

Tim O'Connor

On 8/7/2019 7:47 AM, Mark Stamm wrote:

The NMRA practice is what has me in a pickle. I have tons of Bowser H21 hoppers; my primary interest is the PRR. Those plastic wheels have to go and to my knowledge only Reboxx makes replacement sets in the 1.035 length. Any other wheel set I have tried has to much slop side to side.

Mark P Stamm

Sterling, Massachusetts