The kit is a resin casting for an FGEX reefer.  Fortunately, the Queen posts are already built in.

gary roe
quincy, illinois

On Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 8:09:43 PM CDT, Claus Schlund \(HGM\) <claus@...> wrote:

Hi Gary,

Since I model the year 1929 in N scale, I face this issue from time to time.

In the past, I have used Grant Line HOn3 turnbuckles on my N scale equipment. They are quite tiny, and appropriately sized for N scale.

See attached image (hopefully it is attached...) of the turnbuckles in use under an N scale passenger car - the turnbuckles will look just as good under a Steam Era Freight Car.

I am not familiar with the specific Minikit you are working on, but if it does not come with queen posts, Grant Line makes (made?) those as well for HOn3, and that is what I used on the passenger car model

Be sure to post a few images of the completed car - I would love to see it!

Claus Schlund

----- Original Message -----
From: Gary Roe
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 8:33 PM
Subject: [RealSTMFC] 2018 Chicagoland MiniKit

Admittedly, I am diving into this project a bit late; but have acquired all the parts I need, save for one.

I am building the N Scale version, and am at a loss for what to do about the turnbuckles.  Walthers catalog showed none that I could find, and a look at the Tichy web site also produced no results.

Anyone know where these tiny little buggers might be found?

Remember...N Scale.

Thanks!

gary roe
quincy, illinois