Re: Kids, Don't Try this at Home: UP Prototype...ATSF Paint & Lettering

tyesac@aol.com

Bern,

Being a Santa Fe prototype modeler, I'm used to manufacturers painting distinctly non Santa Fe equipment in various Santa Fe schemes.  Light blue stock cars, and "big circle" heralds on 36' truss rod box cars come to mind.  Lucky for those of us that have an interest in Santa Fe, there have been a huge amount of published information based on a lot of well done research.  Too bad many manufacturers are reluctant (or unaware of) to reach out to tap into that knowledge.   But since money talks, we can only patronize the ones that have gotten it right.   We're not all "train set bozos".

Tom Casey  
Dave Soderblom wrote:
"Please say more so I can understand your point..."

Trix invested a lot of money to badly tool (the roofs in particular are really bad representations of the rectangular panel roof) a prototype that are distinctly Union Pacific (including alternate center rivets), only to cave in and slap Santa Fe on it, including a bogus car class (Bx-36 is a USRA rebuild).  Monumental fail on many levels, and a license to steal money from the luckless bastard who buys this thing.

The other freight cars in this issue (the auto car and PFE steel reefer) have significant issues as well.

Ben Hom

-----Original Message-----
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Aug 13, 2019 6:25 pm
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Kids, Don't Try this at Home: UP Prototype...ATSF Paint & Lettering

Dave Soderblom wrote:
"Please say more so I can understand your point..."

Trix invested a lot of money to badly tool (the roofs in particular are really bad representations of the rectangular panel roof) a prototype that are distinctly Union Pacific (including alternate center rivets), only to cave in and slap Santa Fe on it, including a bogus car class (Bx-36 is a USRA rebuild).  Monumental fail on many levels, and a license to steal money from the luckless bastard who buys this thing.

The other freight cars in this issue (the auto car and PFE steel reefer) have significant issues as well.

Ben Hom

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.