From: Benjamin Hom <b.hom@...>
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Aug 13, 2019 6:25 pm
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Kids, Don't Try this at Home: UP Prototype...ATSF Paint & Lettering

Dave Soderblom wrote:
"Please say more so I can understand your point..."

Trix invested a lot of money to badly tool (the roofs in particular are really bad representations of the rectangular panel roof) a prototype that are distinctly Union Pacific (including alternate center rivets), only to cave in and slap Santa Fe on it, including a bogus car class (Bx-36 is a USRA rebuild).  Monumental fail on many levels, and a license to steal money from the luckless bastard who buys this thing.

The other freight cars in this issue (the auto car and PFE steel reefer) have significant issues as well.

Ben Hom