Re: Paint Damage from Bubble Wrap

Robert kirkham

I think the thread was on the passenger car list.  It came up once; a few weeks or months later I returned to it after finding some damaged cars.  My only strategy so far is to sit the cars in the air, and hope the bubble wrap elixir evaporates or something.  If that doesn’t work, the cars will need to be weathered or repainted to hide the checkerboard pattern dots of damage.

Rob Kirkham

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Termunde via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, August 17, 2019 8:06 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Paint Damage from Bubble Wrap

Good day;
I seem to recall a fairly recent thread about paint damage to steam era freight cars caused by bubble wrap. I did try to do a search for "Bubblewrap", "Bubble Wrap" and "Damage" But didn't find what I was looking for.

Does anyone recall this thread (It might have been on another group, but I was sure it was here), or have any suggestions as how to remove the residue?

I received a car that I purchased on fleabay, and it had been wrapped up in bubble wrap with the bubbles facing car, now I have large blotches (especially in N Scale!) all over the car. I tried washing it in soap and water to no avail.

Thanks in advance!

Take Care,

Brian R. Termunde

Midvale, Utah