Paint Damage from Bubble Wrap

Andy Carlson

I have a 26 ft x 5 ft train work room. I made the ceiling with stretched Tyvek from a lumber yard. I have 4 LED shop lights above the ceiling and the Tyvek allows ample diffused light to pass through. I am quite pleased!
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

On Sunday, August 18, 2019, 11:01:34 AM PDT, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

Thicknessness and properties of the material vary. I'm still looking for a source
for the "soft" Tyvek material like the sheets packed with models from China. You can
write on Tyvek too, which mitigates the opacity problem.

Like Denny, I bought a package of the Reboxx model wrappers years ago - great stuff.
But it won't last much longer.

Tim

On 8/18/2019 1:49 PM, Benjamin Hom wrote:

Tim O'Connor wrote:
"And then there's TYVEK - lint free, pH neutral, tear resistant, water resistant,
won't mar or scratch or interact with paint. Only available in rolls from Uline
but a single roll is good for hundreds of freight car models."

There's a free supply of Tyvek at the Post Office in the form of the large Priority Mail and Express Mail envelopes.

Ben Hom

_._,_._,_