Re: Paint Damage from Bubble Wrap

Rod Miller

On 8/18/19 11:01 AM, Tim O'Connor wrote:
Thicknessness and properties of the material vary. I'm still looking for a source
for the "soft" Tyvek material like the sheets packed with models from China. You can
write on Tyvek too, which mitigates the opacity problem.
Like Denny, I bought a package of the Reboxx model wrappers years ago - great stuff.
But it won't last much longer.
Tim
On 8/18/2019 1:49 PM, Benjamin Hom wrote:
Tim O'Connor wrote:
"And then there's TYVEK - lint free, pH neutral, tear resistant, water resistant,
won't mar or scratch or interact with paint. Only available in rolls from Uline
but a single roll is good for hundreds of freight car models."

There's a free supply of Tyvek at the Post Office in the form of the large Priority Mail and Express Mail envelopes.

Ben Hom
--
/*Tim O'Connor*/
/*Sterling, Massachusetts*/