Re: MEK Substitute and current plastic cements

Pierre Oliver

Contact your local plastics supplier
MEK is used by the pint for plexiglas joinery
Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.com
www.yarmouthmodelworks.com

On Aug 20, 2019, at 9:55 AM, Denny Anspach <danspachmd@gmail.com> wrote:

I am on the very edge of using up the last drops of my Tenax and Ambroid liquid plastic cements, and I was jolted this morning when my reliable ACE Hardware store informed me that they can no longer carry my otherwise usual MEK (and this is IOWA, not California). I do have some Testors (2-3 years old), but at least the bottle that I have seems to take forever or…. not at all to set up.

ACE does carry MEK Substitute (clearly so identified), but I have no idea what it is or what it might be, and I am loathe to buy a quart of something that may not at all work. What are other listers’ experiences these days?

Excuse the cross-listing.

Denny

Denny S. Anspach MD
Okoboji, IA