Re: MEK Substitute and current plastic cements

Jon Miller

On 8/20/2019 6:55 AM, Denny Anspach wrote:
ACE does carry MEK Substitute (clearly so identified), but I have no idea what it is or what it might be

    It does not work.  They had some (long time ago) in my local HD (CA) and I bought a small amount.  It runs off styrene like water.  I emailed the manufacture about that.  I notice HD does not carry the substitute anymore.

    It was so different I suspect they got a lot of complaints as it was not a substitute.

    Best bet get some from another state or go to a paint shop that may carry it.  I would consider ACE to be the same as a big box store (i.e. HD).

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941