Re: MEK Substitute and current plastic cements

Ted Schnepf

Hi Denny,

Scale Coat , the paint people have produced a new solvent that works like Tenax or the old pro weld.  Same size bottle.  Check out a local hobby shop, or Scale Coat directly, as can no longer send through the mail.

Ted Schnepf
126 Will Scarlet,
Elgin, Ill. 60120

847=697-5353

On Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 08:55:29 AM CDT, Denny Anspach <danspachmd@...> wrote:

I am on the very edge of using up the last drops of my Tenax and Ambroid liquid plastic cements, and I was jolted this morning when my reliable ACE Hardware store informed me that they can no longer carry my otherwise usual MEK (and this is IOWA, not California). I do have some Testors  (2-3 years old), but at least the bottle that I have seems to take forever or…. not at all to set up.

ACE does carry MEK Substitute (clearly so identified), but I have no idea what it is or what it might be, and I am loathe to buy a quart of something that may not at all work.  What are other listers’ experiences these days?

Excuse the cross-listing.

Denny

Denny S. Anspach MD
Okoboji, IA