Re: MEK Substitute and current plastic cements

Drew M.

Hi Denny,
   I have used the Ace MEK substitute. It works just as well as MEK but evaporates just a bit slower. Any joint made is just as strong. The only difference I noticed is the smell - MEK substitute is a bit more of a bitter smell.

Regards,
Drew Marshall in Philly, PA

Modeling the pre-Depression years.

Sent from TypeApp

On Aug 20, 2019, at 09:55, Denny Anspach <danspachmd@...> wrote:
I am on the very edge of using up the last drops of my Tenax and Ambroid liquid plastic cements, and I was jolted this morning when my reliable ACE Hardware store informed me that they can no longer carry my otherwise usual MEK (and this is IOWA, not California). I do have some Testors  (2-3 years old), but at least the bottle that I have seems to take forever or…. not at all to set up.

ACE does carry MEK Substitute (clearly so identified), but I have no idea what it is or what it might be, and I am loathe to buy a quart of something that may not at all work. What are other listers’ experiences these days?

Excuse the cross-listing.

Denny

Denny S. Anspach MD
Okoboji, IA