Re: MEK Substitute and current plastic cements

Tim O'Connor

Denny

Tenax is dichloromethane (aka methylene chloride). I bought a QUART on Amazon.

MEK is methylethylketone, or 2-butanone. I have a quart of that too. :-)

Tim O'

===========================

On 8/20/2019 9:55 AM, Denny Anspach wrote:
I am on the very edge of using up the last drops of my Tenax and Ambroid liquid plastic cements, and I was jolted this morning when my reliable ACE Hardware store informed me that they can no longer carry my otherwise usual MEK (and this is IOWA, not California). I do have some Testors (2-3 years old), but at least the bottle that I have seems to take forever or…. not at all to set up.

ACE does carry MEK Substitute (clearly so identified), but I have no idea what it is or what it might be, and I am loathe to buy a quart of something that may not at all work. What are other listers’ experiences these days?

Excuse the cross-listing.

Denny

Denny S. Anspach MD
Okoboji, IA