Re: what to do with all those leftover freight car trucks?

Seth Lakin

Now the question is where was ASF’s and/or Bettendorf’s foundry where these loads originated? I’m modeling part of Pullman’s Michigan City plant and I’m trying to run down loads of parts into Pullman, and how they were routed.

One if the loads of supplies I’ve tracked down is boxcar doors from Youngstown Steel Door. They went west on the AC&Y to Delphos, Ohio and to the NKP. From there it was to Tipton Indiana and north on NKP’s Indianapolis branch to Michigan City and interchange to the Monon for final delivery to Pullman.

Seth Lakin
Michigan City IN