Re: what to do with all those leftover freight car trucks?

Bob Webber

Bettendorf s/b Iowa in Quad Cities. ASF, Chicago.

BTW, we have maps of the H&B shops along with building drawings - and the BoM can be figured from drawings (be a bit of time, but you can do it). We have some (earlier) H&B BoMs and Drawing List, but not later - although....depending on era, if it were actually *IN* the P-S era, then looking at the contract and correspondence files would reveal all of that - and perhaps the Maps (Ed may chime in there).

http://www.pullmanlibrary.org/IndexCollection.htm
http://www.pullmanlibrary.org/Research.htm

And...remember, after 1924, this was never a "Pullman Plant". The plant was then a Pullman Car and Manufacturing Corp. (The Pullman Co. was the operating subsidiary of Pullman Incorporated), then in 1934, P-S was born, in 1947, The Pullman Co. was divested from Pullman Inc. (and sold to a consortium of railroads) - in any case, after 1934 (for certain) there were *NO* "Pullman" freight cars.

At 03:53 PM 8/21/2019, Seth Lakin via Groups.Io wrote:
Now the question is where was ASF's and/or Bettendorf's foundry where these loads originated? I'm modeling part of Pullman's Michigan City plant and I'm trying to run down loads of parts into Pullman, and how they were routed.

One if the loads of supplies I've tracked down is boxcar doors from Youngstown Steel Door. They went west on the AC&Y to Delphos, Ohio and to the NKP. From there it was to Tipton Indiana and north on NKP's Indianapolis branch to Michigan City and interchange to the Monon for final delivery to Pullman.

Seth Lakin
Michigan City IN
Bob Webber