Re: MEK Substitute and current plastic cements

Jon Miller <atsfus@...>

On 8/21/2019 4:12 PM, Paul Woods wrote:
Next try was a lacquer thinner made by an Australian company 'Digger's', and Hooo-lyyyy smokes!  Does that stuff ever work well!  Upon consulting the materials safety data sheet, turns out it is mostly toluene (65%) with a generous dash of MEK (25%) and a bit of naphtha....so not only does it work really well but it will make you very, very ill - not regarded as strongly carcinogenic

    What's really strange is that MEK is not as bad as any of these replacement chemicals but it's the one we can't easily get.  Stupid if you ask me but them no one did.:-D

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941