Re: MEK Substitute and current plastic cements

Greg Martin

Denny,

Have you tried a paint store Like Sherwin-Williams. I will bet you will find it there.

Greg Martin

Why Yes I have done some modeling...

Sent from AOL Desktop

In a message dated 8/20/2019 6:55:28 AM Pacific Standard Time, danspachmd@... writes:

I am on the very edge of using up the last drops of my Tenax and Ambroid liquid plastic cements, and I was jolted this morning when my reliable ACE Hardware store informed me that they can no longer carry my otherwise usual MEK (and this is IOWA, not California). I do have some Testors  (2-3 years old), but at least the bottle that I have seems to take forever or…. not at all to set up.

ACE does carry MEK Substitute (clearly so identified), but I have no idea what it is or what it might be, and I am loathe to buy a quart of something that may not at all work.  What are other listers’ experiences these days?

Excuse the cross-listing.

Denny

Denny S. Anspach MD
Okoboji, IA

--
Hey Boss,

Somehow I got deleted from this group in late May. I guess someone didn't like me. Jail is a lonely place.

Greg Martin