Re: SEEKING PHOTO HELP

WILLIAM PARDIE

Thanks to Dave's advise I was able to go back through Messages and found the original under Mid-Century Box Cars V2 (1) pdf.  It has the photo of D&H car #17432  Reweigh CI 5-31.

Thanks to Brian's response I was able to determine that not all cars in this series received Viking roofs.  17432 apparently does not have the Viking roof.  Now more work for me..

Also now how do I extract the photo.

Thanks all:

Bill Pardie

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 8/23/19 4:50 PM (GMT-10:00)
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] SEEKING PHOTO HELP

Bill: 

The FILES section is not going to help you.  It seems that nobody has uploaded anything to it since the Admin test over a year ago.

There are some photo ALBUMS that members have posted, but more likely what you seek is the the EMAILED PHOTOS album within the PHOTOS section (unless we have used up our memory quota in which case the older photos get spooled off into computer heaven).  Unfortunately, that resource is a true stream-of-consciousness record of every photo shared, often with multiple copies due to resharing and replying.  There is no index or the like, so unless you can guess the file name and search for it, you might have to scroll back in time and look for it.

Or, you can try finding the original post in the MESSAGES section; the photo should still be attached to it.

Or, somebody may save you time by resending the photo.

It is for this reason that when I see a photo of interest here, I try to grab it ASAP.

Dave Parker
Riverside, CA

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.