Re: SEEKING PHOTO HELP

Garth Groff <sarahsan@...>

Friends,

With some sites this may be necessary, but with Safari with a Mac (and probably in other browsers as well) the easy way is just to right click on the photo. The menu that appears includes "Save to Desktop". Once there you can open the image in your preferred photo editor and work it up as you please.

I have a modest collection of these photos saved on my machine for possible modeling use. The folder is marked "Delete Upon My Demise", and my heirs will know these aren't my intellectual property.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

On 8/24/2019 8:56 AM, BRIAN PAUL EHNI wrote:

Macs don’t have a print screen, but the same general rules apply:

To capture the entire screen display, press CMD+SHIFT+3 together.

To capture a specific part of the screen, press CMD+SHIFT+4 together, then use the mouse to select what you want.

The screenshot JPG will appear on your desktop, and can be edited with any number of programs

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...>
Date: Saturday, August 24, 2019 at 7:13 AM
To: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] SEEKING PHOTO HELP

every PC keyboard I've used has a "print screen" button! the screen is copied to
the "clipboard". then I open photoshop, create a new file from the clipboard, and
trim the picture to suit my need. easy peasy.

with Firefox, to steal a web site image file (not just a snapshot of the screen)
you choose TOOLS->PAGE INFO->MEDIA. then scroll through the image files (including
the "copy protected" ones the web sites lie to their customers and tell them the
files are safe) and save the ones you want to your hard drive. also easy peasy.

on Androids just click on a "volume" control button and the "power" button together
and wait for the "camera click". the screen is now saved to your files.

the rule is: if you can SEE it, then you can download it.

Tim O'Connor

On 8/24/2019 2:28 AM, Matthew Metoyer wrote:

Windows 8 (?) & 10 computers include a program called 'snipping tool'. The icon looks like a pair of scissors. It allows you to create a photo file of whatever is on your screen.

Matthew Metoyer

Santa Maria CA

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 10:27 PM Andy Carlson <midcentury@...> wrote:

Bill, to capture photos off of your screen requires a software called Screen Capture.

If you had a Mac, all you would have to do is click 3 buttons and hold down the mouse and drag over the image you wish to capture. I do this constantly and would hate to give up this feature. I would suggest that you search for a "Screen Capture" and download into your computer. This is also helpful for sites which don't allow the even easier "Drag & Drop", but that is another Mac item.

Tim O'Connor has stated for years that nothing can't be captured from a computer. Just a little harder for a windows system. Perhaps he will share the technique.

-Andy Carlson

Ojai CA

Sterling, Massachusetts