Re: PM box car - unusual ends?

Tony Thompson

Tim O'Connor wrote:

You're looking at the backside view of most dreadnaught ends (with variations
in the number of ribs and panels). Some call them "reverse dreadnaughts" and I've
heard "inverse dreadnaught" as well.
I don't see this as a reverse end at all. I think people are being confused by the two wider ribs, probably located at seams where pieces of the end are joined together. It might be a RECESSED end, in which the corrugations look pressed INTO the end, rather than proud of its surface, but I'm not sure if that's the case.

Tony Thompson

Join to automatically receive all group messages.