Re: Removing mold from a railroad print

O Fenton Wells

Looks like I was wrong and it is not mildew but an acid from the tube that it was stored in.  It's brown.  The freezer and drying it didn't budge it.  NOt sure it's worth going too much farther.
Anyone know a good source for Howard Fogg railroad prints?
Fenton

On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 3:24 PM Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:
I like Jon's idea

Real photo paper is pretty water resistant. I would add a tiny drop of
ammonia to the Q tip + water to kill the bacteria. but i'd test it first.

On 8/27/2019 1:11 PM, Jon Miller wrote:

On 8/26/2019 2:55 PM, Bob Miller wrote:
Check with an art museum or art dealer and ask about folks who clean and conserve old paintings,etc.

    If it costs too much you might try a Q tip and water or soap and water.

--
Jon Miller

Sterling, Massachusetts

--