Re: MEK Substitute and current plastic cements

Donald B. Valentine

Ed Mines wrote:

Duco cement uses acetone as solvent; it is very fast to evaporate. I've learned to use it in place of Ambroid cement which is no longer available.

    What kind of crackpot nonsense is this??? As Tim O'Connor would say, "Google is your friend".  There are dozens of
places on Google from Amazon.com to the Old Town Canoe company selling it of which I'm sure Old Town is the oldest
provider knowing something of the history of the company. Last I knew a fellow in his late 30's or early 40's by now out of Springfield, VT owned it and was occaionally sseen at some model railroad meets.

Cordially, Don Valentine