Re: Piedmont & Northern 1101 Styrene and Resin Build Part One

Steve and Barb Hile

Could be Cast Steel, also.  Could the be, literally, Bettendorf trucks with Simplex bolsters.

Steve Hile

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Garth Groff
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2019 2:33 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Piedmont & Northern 1101 Styrene and Resin Build Part One

Bill and Paul,

The side frames are "C.S. Integral Box" design, or so says the data on these cars in Million and Paton's PERE MARQUETTE REVENUE FREIGHT CARS. I presume that "C.S." means Cambria Steel, though it could easily mean something else. Yes, it appears to be some sort of "T" or "L" section design. The car was rated for 80,000 lbs, so one presumes these are 40-ton trucks.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

On 8/30/2019 12:21 PM, Bill Welch wrote:
Some from of T-section I think. My is not that car as that car has Hutchins ends. It merely illustrates the scheme I will use. My model will have USRA Andrews from Tahoe.

Bill Welch