Re: Mathieson Tank Cars

Brian Carlson

Per Ed Hawkins handout on the Kadee site. You are good.  You could do 10 cars total :)

On Aug 31, 2019, at 11:36 PM, Bruce Griffin <bdg1210@...> wrote:

Friends,

To close the loop on this thread, I ended up just buying a second Kadee ACF 11k insulated tank car with the same number as the first for the same bargain price of $30.  I assumed there was a SHPX 2571 roaming the rails with SHPX 2570. I don’t have access to all of my data so if anyone can confirm, it would be good to know, but I assume this to be true in 1950. I was able to easily remove the zero and replace it with a one. I will chronicle this in an upcoming blog.

There were Mathieson plants shipping and recieving anhydrous ammonia at either end of my modeled section of the B&O Old Main Line, so these cars are appropriate for through freights in my 1950 era. Thank you for the insights.

Best Regards,
Bruce Griffin
Ashland, MD

PS for my PRR and NCR friends, I biked the RofW from Ashland 21 miles north to New Freedom and had lunch in the old station before heading home.
<A3A62D7C-9C78-4AD1-ADE1-D2587008689E.jpeg>
<C8616445-CFF5-4E3C-BEB6-DB591211FEAF.jpeg>