Re: Oregon short line stock cars

Charlie Vlk

All-

Drawings for the CB&Q 36 Ft car appeared in Mainline Modeler.   HO brass cars and resin kits have been available in the past.   If my 3D CAD buddy ever gets his printers going I’ll have cars (at least for myself) in N Scale as he did Solidworks drawings for them some time ago…the test prints done on a Prefactory machine were exquisite with the entire car, roofwalks, brake wheel and fully detailed separated structural member underframe cast in one piece.   It was beautiful but impractical as there was no provision for mounting operating trucks and couplers.   The file has since been modified to make the body and a simplified underframe as separate castings.   The SM16 is one of the signature cars of the CB&Q….built on recycled National Steel Dump Car underframes in keeping with the Q’s “thriftiness”….

Charlie Vlk