Re: Lime Unloading IC/LTRR Gondola

Schleigh Mike

Hello Group!

In my observations it is not at all unusual for bulk agricultural lime to be shipped in mill gondolas, even those of 65' inside length.  Any free roaming car would be a candidate.

How to unload them is always an interesting solution to find.  Manual labor comes to mind.

Regards from sunny & dry Grove City in Western Penna.

Mike Schleigh

On Sunday, September 8, 2019, 1:22:00 PM EDT, Eric Hansmann <eric@...> wrote:

A Lake Terminal mill gondola pressed into bulk material service. Interesting. F&C produces an HO scale resin kit for this gondola. A few lettering styles are available, including this one.

While bulk loads in a mill gon are not typical, they have occurred. I one found a photo of a 61-foot Western Maryland mill gon loaded with coal.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On Sep 8, 2019, at 12:15 PM, Matt Smith <flyn96@...> wrote:

Lime unloading from gondolas.

Another great images from the IDA Pantagraph Collection
http://www.idaillinois.org/digital/collection/p16614coll35/id/32654/rec/286

--
Matt Smith
Bloomington, IL