Re: Express reefers?

Bob Miller

The Santa Fe would run multiple express reefers in the Fast Mail for fresh fruit, e.g. strawberries. That would have ended in the 1960’s, maybe even the late 50’s as that traffic shifted to trucks.

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Matthew Hurst
Sent: Monday, September 9, 2019 11:21 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Express reefers?

Well Bob.....

Where do you model , what do you model and when?  The answer to these questions would help in narrowing it down.

Matthew

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019, 11:19 AM Bob Werre <bob@...> wrote:

I am seldom a poster here but I learn so much.  I have a question regarding express reefers that I hope is allowed on this list.  I have too many of them for the size of my layout.  Is there evidence of express trains running several at one time?  I need to justify running a short string of them as part of a harvest rush.

Bob Werre