From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Donald B. Valentine via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2019 8:12 PM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] C&O Lake Michigan Ferries, was Crappy Job

I rode one of the C&O ferries from Manitowoc to Ludington in Aug. 1978 and got the shock of my life to watch a Milw.
switcher put three 6,000 gal. GPEX milk cars then leased to Richter Vinegar on the ferry. These were the last such I

saw in revenue service. One was subsequently pulled off to be placed on a lter ferry to provide more room for the number of automobiles waiting, presumably at a more profitable rate. Sorry it's not our time frame but what ever happened to the car ferries after service was suspended? Sold for similar service elsewhere?

Cordially, Don Valentine