Re: Crappy Job

James SANDIFER

Santa Fe had a contract with a Manure Pulverizing company to process the waste from it big Morris Feed Lot. Ultimately it became fertilizer. The same was true for dirty stock car bedding.

J. Stephen Sandifer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dennis Storzek
Sent: Thursday, September 5, 2019 9:45 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Crappy Job

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 06:55 PM, Doc Bond wrote:

Why would anyone want to ship a load of manure?

Hey, for a while in the seventies or eighties the City of Chicago was shipping dried sewage treatment plant solids downstate for use as fertilizer... until it was discovered that the solids were rich in heavy metals, which were being taken up by the crops and entering our food chain. I recall the movement on the Illinois Central was known informally as the "ICBM".

Dennis Storzek