Schuyler and Group, Good Morning!

Agricultural lime is just like fine sand, easy to model with a number of mediums.

Mike Schleigh in Grove City, PA

On Monday, September 9, 2019, 11:34:53 PM EDT, Schuyler Larrabee via Groups.Io <schuyler.larrabee@...> wrote:

I note that the load in the gon pretty closely resembles the plastic load that, I think, Athearn offers.  Same sort of undulating surface.

Schuyler

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Eric Hansmann
Sent: Sunday, September 08, 2019 1:22 PM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Lime Unloading IC/LTRR Gondola

A Lake Terminal mill gondola pressed into bulk material service. Interesting. F&C produces an HO scale resin kit for this gondola. A few lettering styles are available, including this one.

While bulk loads in a mill gon are not typical, they have occurred. I one found a photo of a 61-foot Western Maryland mill gon loaded with coal.

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN

On Sep 8, 2019, at 12:15 PM, Matt Smith <flyn96@...> wrote:

Lime unloading from gondolas.

Another great images from the IDA Pantagraph Collection
http://www.idaillinois.org/digital/collection/p16614coll35/id/32654/rec/286

--
Matt Smith
Bloomington, IL