Re: Lime Unloading IC/LTRR Gondola

Dennis Storzek

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 08:42 AM, pennsylvania1954 wrote:
The other "truck" is interesting also. Obviously repurposed from a former career, creature comforts have been completely discarded. Note the seat box. I wonder if they have somehow rigged a power take off driving a winch or if the truck is repositioned in order to raise and lower their shovel.
I noticed that too. I don't think it's a truck anymore, but rather a portable power unit. Note it has a drawbar style hitch attached to the front. Given the way it's positioned, at right angles to the lift line, I think the rear drive axles have been pulled, and they are just letting the line roll up around the drive shaft, although there may be a winding drum that we can't see on the far side of the operator, driven off the drive shaft. The operator just shifts between first and reverse to raise and lower the scoop.

Dennis Storzek