covered hopper grays

Eric Mumper

Group,

Over the last few years there have been a lot of new model paints for regular old freight car color to cover all the variations.  Is there anything like that for covered hopper grays?  While going through RP Cyc 27 there are such color call-outs as Steel Gard Gray (medium gray shade) (the one I am looking for) and Pittsburgh Gray #44122 (medium gray shade).  Are there any known references for these?  Are there any valid model paint colors?  I do see Scalecoat has 2084 UP hopper car gray.  Matching by eye is out for all of these as the only photos are B&W.  Intermountain and any other company doing covered hoppers must have gotten info from somewhere (whether it is accurate or not is another matter.)  It would be nice to have actual data for this as a good starting point and work from there.  Thanks.

Eric Mumper