Re: Qs Generated by a Shorpy Photo ...

David Soderblom

Exquisite, isn’t it?  All those directions in the boards and even different textures.  That’s why we model those freight cars, so that even a fairly casual viewer can see distinctive differences.  It really shouldn’t require advanced study to appreciate not-at-all-subtle distinctions between these cars, and I don't just mean the livery and heralds.

Even so, there’s pretty much height uniformity here.  Some years back in MM I remember the editor pointing out the very noticeable height differences within a post-WWII consist.  That greatly diminished with time, as all approached 10-6 IH.

David Soderblom,
Baltimore MD USA