Re: Standard Car Co.??

Benjamin Hom

Dave Lawler asked:
"I recently read a James Six blog on weathering where he showed an example of a door and a half conversion on an Accurail SS box car.
The company he mentioned that made the add-on half door was Standard Car Co., Wells River, VT and that they were available from Walthers. Walthers does not list this manufacturer in their current catalog so I tried to find them through a Google search but no luck. I'd like to buy some of these doors. Does anyone in this group know if they're still in business and how to reach them? Or does another company offer this kind of half door?"

Standard Car Co. is one of Don Valentine's brands.  He's on the list and should pipe up regarding availability.

Ben Hom