Re: N&W Boxcar 47302 (Round Roof)

Jesus Pe�a

Another Nice find from Bob,

if you look closely on the second car, it is a ATSF car with the "BUY WAR BONDS" slogan to the left of the door. I was unable to read the road number on my small screen

Jesus Peña
Concord, CA.

On Tuesday, September 17, 2019, 10:42:44 AM PDT, Bob Chaparro via Groups.Io <chiefbobbb@...> wrote:

This photo is from the Norfolk Southern Archive. The Archive is a collection of company photos from Norfolk Southern and its legacy railroads on this website:

https://norfolksouthern.tumblr.com/archive

N&W Boxcar 47302 (Round Roof)

https://norfolksouthern.tumblr.com/post/184106626017/its-tbt-throwback-thursday-nearly-seventy-years

Caption:

"Nearly seventy years ago—on Thursday, September 15, 1949—a Norfolk & Western train made a stop at the Streitmann Biscuit Company near Cincinnati, Ohio.

The bakery produced more than 100 different varieties of crackers and cookies, including honey graham crackers, Opera Crème cookies, and Zesta saltine crackers. By 1951, production amounted to 1,321 carloads of outbound traffic annually, which was either delivered by N&W to its destination or originated on the N&W for delivery by other railroads."

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

--
Jesus Peña