Re: Round roof double door boxcar

Todd Sullivan

Hi Ron,

I convinced myself several years ago that not all of the freight cars on my layout need to be detailed to the nth degree, so I do have a few Accurail, MDC and Bowser cars that are fairly accurate to a prototype.  I have weathered these to the point where it is hard to discern the level of detail, so they are acceptable in most people's view.  I have weathered several Bowser 40ft and 50ft round roof boxcars this way, and here is a photo of a Bowser PRR and an MDC/Rounhouse MP 50ft DD boxcar weathered up.

I have also found that, when I'm deep into an operating session, I pay almost no attention to the detailing on the cars I'm handling, since I'm absorbed almost completely in my role in the op session and getting cars moved. The super detail is most valuable when photographing scenes on the layout or individual cars.

Todd Sullivan.