Re: Santa GFe "Buy War Bonds" lettering, was N&W Boxcar 47302 (Round Roof)

Donald B. Valentine

Does anyone offer decals for a whole Santa Fe car that includes the "Buy War Bonds" slogan? while
anything but a Pennsy fan I have always appreciated things like that slogan on an appropriate car as
a way to help delineate the period of a model railroad more quickly than some other methods.

Why did the Santa Fe so quickly start removing the slogan? I doubt the Pennsy, or anyone else,
could have copyrighted such a slogan, especially during the war, so why was a decision made to
remove it?

Cordially, Don Valentine