Re: Santa GFe "Buy War Bonds" lettering, was N&W Boxcar 47302 (Round Roof)

James SANDIFER

It was added for the war. It was removed when the war was over.

J. Stephen Sandifer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Donald B. Valentine via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2019 9:10 AM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Santa GFe "Buy War Bonds" lettering, was N&W Boxcar 47302 (Round Roof)

Does anyone offer decals for a whole Santa Fe car that includes the "Buy War Bonds" slogan? while

anything but a Pennsy fan I have always appreciated things like that slogan on an appropriate car as

a way to help delineate the period of a model railroad more quickly than some other methods.

Why did the Santa Fe so quickly start removing the slogan? I doubt the Pennsy, or anyone else,

could have copyrighted such a slogan, especially during the war, so why was a decision made to

remove it?

Cordially, Don Valentine