Re: Santa GFe "Buy War Bonds" lettering, was N&W Boxcar 47302 (Round Roof)

WILLIAM PARDIE

I recall a very good multi page article on the Bx36's In either Rail Model Journal or Model Railroading back when Sunshine released their kit.  Does anyone recall the issue?

Bill Pardie

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 9/19/19 1:29 PM (GMT-10:00)
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Santa GFe "Buy War Bonds" lettering, was N&W Boxcar 47302 (Round Roof)

Microscale decal sheet 87-1512 for C&EI has a Buy more War Bonds slogan. But is different from the Santa Fe slogan. I have added the slogan to a Bx-36 I kitbashed using Railroad Roman lettering.  Athearn had a set of two boxcars in a special edition #2330. Of course those where regular athearn 40' boxcars. Your best bet for a Bx-36 is a sunshine kit or you could try the may articles in the model magazines. If real serious about a kitbash I have photos of Wx-36 cars in MOW service I took in Riverbank in 1972.

Al Smith 
Sonora CA
On Thursday, September 19, 2019, 07:09:47 AM PDT, Donald B. Valentine via Groups.Io <riverman_vt@...> wrote:

Does anyone offer decals for a whole Santa Fe car that includes the "Buy War Bonds" slogan? while
anything but a Pennsy fan I have always appreciated things like that slogan on an appropriate car as
a way to help delineate the period of a model railroad more quickly than some other methods.

Why did the Santa Fe so quickly start removing the slogan? I doubt the Pennsy, or anyone else,
could have copyrighted such a slogan, especially during the war, so why was a decision made to
remove it?

Cordially, Don Valentine

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.