Re: Various Steel Industry Loads

Donald B. Valentine

Definitely a photo beyond our period given the steel I beams in the PC gon #598980. But not that the stacks of I beams
have a vertical piece of scrap wood between each of them and along the sides, the purpose for which I can only wonder
about except possibly to maintain that space between them for unloading purposes. But what gives with the PC car? It
appears to have wood interior sheathing and fairly high sides. Then I note the rolled sheets in some sort of container
devices on the two flat cars behind the I beam load. Don't know the steel industry but have never seen anything like
these before. Are they something secifically designed for easy loading and unloading with a high capacity fork lift or
what is their purpose? Such photos always present more questions than answers for me.

Cordially, Don Valentine