Re: covered hopper grays take 2

Drew M.

I use Vallejo colors. Attached are the two colors I mix to achieve a grey for covered hoppers. I usually do two drops of white to one of grey with a little tweaking.

Drew in Philly

Modeling the pre-Depression years.

Sent from TypeApp

On Sep 17, 2019, at 09:05, Eric Mumper <eric.mumper@...> wrote:
Group,

Thank you to everybody for the replies.  I was not aware of the RMJ article.  Thanks also to Ed Hawkins for the scans of the actual color chips and others for their insight into the problems of the shades of gray and the difficulty into scaling them to models.

There are plenty of model paint grays and I appreciate the responses of actual uses to help narrow down the field.  Please keep them coming.

Eric Mumper