Re: Cool DD SAL 40' AAR box car

Tim O'Connor

Andy

There were 500 cars built in 1948. The ends look like ACF proprietary ends.
If so, I wonder if the roofs also used the ACF proprietary design.

On 9/23/2019 2:03 PM, Andy Carlson wrote:
Good Morning everyone-

Seaboard Air Lines 40' AAR box car, SAL 23307.

I forgot where I stole this picture from (It is a screen shot) but it is cool. Built in 1948, it would probably have a rectangular panel roof. With the 4/4 Dartnaught ends and what appears to me to be 13' door opening (one each 7' and 6' 5/6/6 IYSD) this is a unique 10'6" box car.  Kato A3 ride control trucks and a side sill addition to a Branchline 6' single door AAR kit with a Red Caboose Murphy roof. Could be a cool weekend model project.

-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

Attachments:

Sterling, Massachusetts