Re: Cool DD SAL 40' AAR box car

O Fenton Wells

Chad Boas makes the ends, doors and the sill supports for this car.

On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 2:05 PM Andy Carlson <midcentury@...> wrote:
Good Morning everyone-

Seaboard Air Lines 40' AAR box car, SAL 23307.

I forgot where I stole this picture from (It is a screen shot) but it is cool. Built in 1948, it would probably have a rectangular panel roof. With the 4/4 Dartnaught ends and what appears to me to be 13' door opening (one each 7' and 6' 5/6/6 IYSD) this is a unique 10'6" box car.  Kato A3 ride control trucks and a side sill addition to a Branchline 6' single door AAR kit with a Red Caboose Murphy roof. Could be a cool weekend model project.

-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

Inline image

--