Re: NP R23 clone reefer

Tim O'Connor

I have a surprising number of color shots of PFE post-1950 repaints (two B&W heralds) that
show BLACK ends and possibly black roofs as well on some cars.

Intermountain did later releases of the NP steel reefers in what I thought was a reasonably
good rendition of the NP "yellowish orange". Model photos taken with a flash can definitely
affect the color and maybe that's why the models appear to be yellow?

Tim

On 9/26/2019 11:02 PM, Tom Madden via Groups.Io wrote:
Here are two WestRail reefers I started over 25 years ago but never finished. Followed Richard's instructions for paint & lettering. The cars are pretty crude by today's standards but Richard called for the same paint on both the PFE and NP versions IIRC - Floquil SP Daylight Orange.

Tom Madden

Attachments:

Sterling, Massachusetts