Re: 1944 AAR Boxcars

Benjamin Hom

Bob Chapman wrote:
"Sitting in the stash are several undec 1944 AAR (10'6", 4-4 improved dreadnaught end) boxcar kits from C&BT. Hard to imagine they have been there 30 years!

The carbodies are nicely executed -- a good base for prototype model detail addition. I'd like to bring these kits to life, but am running into a surprising lack of coverage of prototype information on this series of AAR prototypes. <<snip>>

I'll welcome any help you can point me to -- a comprehensive article on the series would be ideal, but articles on a specific road's prototype can also help. Hopefully I haven't missed a totally obvious resource!"

For starters, there's Ed Hawkins' spreadsheets posted on the old Ted Cullotta Steam Era Freight Cars website:

Ben Hom