Re: Rio Grande double-sheathed automobile car

gary laakso

Very well done and it looks like it was operating behind steam! The HO resin kit is rumbling it’s way to availability was the last word a year ago.

Gary Laakso
Northwest of Mike Brock

On Sep 28, 2019, at 4:21 PM, Richard Scott <rlscott5709@...> wrote:

Here's a photo of my most recent freight car project, an O-scale D&RGW
double-sheathed automobile car. I built it from a Rails Unlimited
resin body, painted it with Polly Scale acrylics, and lettered it with
Protocraft decals. The 200 cars in the Rio Grande's 61200-61399
series were built by the Mount Vernon Car Company in 1925. Most
remained in service into the 1960s, with the final car, 61346, going
off the roster in 1969.

I have other photos of my steam-era freight cars in "Dick Scott's
models," currently on the first page of our photo section.

Dick Scott

<D&RGW 61346_2.JPG>