Re: Rio Grande double-sheathed automobile car

Eric Hansmann

Thanks for sharing your work, Dick. The car looks great. Will you display this at RPM Chicagoland?

I, too, have heard this might be a HO scale resin kit offering. Let's cross our fingers!

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On September 28, 2019 at 5:21 PM Richard Scott <rlscott5709@...> wrote:

Here's a photo of my most recent freight car project, an O-scale D&RGW
double-sheathed automobile car. I built it from a Rails Unlimited
resin body, painted it with Polly Scale acrylics, and lettered it with
Protocraft decals. The 200 cars in the Rio Grande's 61200-61399
series were built by the Mount Vernon Car Company in 1925. Most
remained in service into the 1960s, with the final car, 61346, going
off the roster in 1969.

I have other photos of my steam-era freight cars in "Dick Scott's
models," currently on the first page of our photo section.

Dick Scott