Re: Rio Grande double-sheathed automobile car

Daniel A. Mitchell

Another fine effort, Dick! I’m guessing you’ll be bringing it to the RPM meet next month. I’m looking forward to seeing it.

Dan Mitchell
==========

On Sep 28, 2019, at 7:21 PM, Richard Scott <rlscott5709@...> wrote:

Here's a photo of my most recent freight car project, an O-scale D&RGW
double-sheathed automobile car. I built it from a Rails Unlimited
resin body, painted it with Polly Scale acrylics, and lettered it with
Protocraft decals. The 200 cars in the Rio Grande's 61200-61399
series were built by the Mount Vernon Car Company in 1925. Most
remained in service into the 1960s, with the final car, 61346, going
off the roster in 1969.

I have other photos of my steam-era freight cars in "Dick Scott's
models," currently on the first page of our photo section.

Dick Scott

<D&RGW 61346_2.JPG>