Re: NP R23 clone reefer
With this portion magnified - as odd as it certainly is, I can't deny to think that there is just a small black stripe at the roof top end, maybe 4 - 6 inches broad. Please see attached image section where I placed some red dots and compare with the original.
If that is complete bogus I apologize.
Modeling the early post-war years up to about 1953
Gesendet: Samstag, 28. September 2019 um 14:34 Uhr
Von: "Fred Jansz" <fred@...>
Betreff: Re: [RealSTMFC] NP R23 clone reefer
My last contribution to this thread:
- If the base color of the roof was black, why would overspray on the runboard be light gray (compared to the black of the ends)?
- Or is it the anti-slip granulate we see as 'overspray' on the runboard?
- the ends & hardware show as pure black in the picture.
- the hatches show us 2 different hues of gray: around and under the lettering and on the rest of the hatch
These 2 are significantly different, see picture and Photoshop measurement.
(BTW: I can't believe the paint & lettering were added OVER the granulate, this part of the hatch was masked while adding the granulate).
- Meaning the original roof paint is showing where the hatch-lettering can be seen.
This also differs significantly from the black on the tackboard, see Photoshop measurements.
My 2 (or 50) cents: Sides (of this NP R23 91072) chrome yellow, roof red (w granulate), ends & hardware black.
cheers, Fred Jansz