Re: Rusty rivets?

Tim O'Connor

I have often used colored pencils to highlight rivets... takes just a few minutes
Artist pencils are easy to use, sharp enough for tiny things, are really cheap, don't
dry out, etc.

On 9/30/2019 4:49 AM, Garth Groff wrote:
Scott,

How about a teeny-tiny 00000 spotting brush, some thinned rust-colored acrylic paint, an Optivisor (for those of us older than Elvis) and a lot of patience?

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

On 9/30/2019 12:26 AM, D. Scott Chatfield wrote:
Archer rivets and their clones have changed the way many of us approach kitbashing and scratchbuilding.  But while looking at some prototype photos for current projects I noticed that what I really need are rust colored rivets, and they need to be applied after painting the car.  I know most of you apply the rivets then paint the car, but I model post-1960 for the most part, when most riveted cars would have lost the paint over the rivets.  Paint doesn't stick to rivets well, and that isn't just a post-1960 problem.

Thoughts?

Scott Chatfield

Sterling, Massachusetts