Re: Ron Sebastian

Bill Welch

Ron was a U.S. Army helicopter pilot and was stationed somewhere in the south—Ft. Stewart I think—which is where I think his interest in southeastern RR's developed. He owned many SE RR drawing I know and it was fun to talk to him about his resources. While in the army he suffered a coronary event that meant an end to his flying. While then an instructor he began investing in side businesses including Des Plaines that became full-time when he left the Army. IIRC all of this came up when I asked a drawings question one day in a phone call. He was a very generous person and dotting grandparent.

Bill Welch